Strawberries, fresh and sweet, lend a light fruitiness to kombucha. Strawberry-flavored kombucha is available commercially and is usually made with a strawberry puree of some sort. This strawberry kombucha, on the other hand, is made with a handful of fresh, plump berries.
- 4-6 medium strawberries
- 1/2 tsp. sugar, maple syrup, or honey, optional
- Enough kombucha to fill a 16-ounce vessel
- Add the strawberries to a 16-ounce vessel.
- Fill with kombucha, leaving about 1/2 inch of headspace.
- Cap tightly and culture 3-7 days or until kombucha is carbonated to your liking.
- Move bottles to refrigerator.
- When ready to drink, open carefully to avoid spilling the bubbly kombucha over the top of the bottle.
- Strain the strawberries out when serving, if desired.