Lemon Ginger Kombucha Recipe
Lemon and ginger are, individually, two amazing flavors. Together they are incredibly complementary, imparting a bright spiciness that works so well with the tang of kombucha.
- 1 tsp. roughly chopped ginger
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp. sugar (The added sugar gives the kombucha something to feast on in order to create carbonation; however, you can simply omit it, or use honey or maple syrup in its place.)
- 2 cups kombucha tea
- Add the ginger, lemon juice, and sugar to a 16-ounce vessel.
- Fill with kombucha, leaving about 1/2 inch of headspace.
- Cap tightly and shake gently to dissolve sugar.
- Culture 3-7 days or until kombucha is carbonated to your liking.
- Move bottles to the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to drink it, open carefully, without shaking, to avoid spilling the bubbly kombucha over the top of the bottle.
- Strain kombucha through a small strainer to remove ginger pieces. Serve cold.